When you are heartbroken or lonely, Remember this
“Stop looking at the past and all the things you can’t change. They’re done and over with. Now is the time for you to look to the future, grasp it by the hand, and decide where you want to go.” – Lacey Weatherford.
Life can sometimes be hard, rough and very unbearable. Sometimes the people we love and trust so much may hurt us that we hate life and denounce love. The challenge we often encounter everyday is that we fail to understand that life is a journey and as we travel on the road we may meet potholes on the way.
“Bad things happen to good people all the time. It sucks. It’s not fair but then much of life isn’t fair. It’s how you live that matters. It’s how you deal with the bumps in the road.” – Maya Banks.
ALSO READ: This Is What You Need To Give Up To Be Happy
If you are heartbroken or lonely, Remember these words:
- “Your past is just a story. And once you realize this, it has no power over you.” – Chuck Palahniuk
- “It is very important that you only do what you love to do. You may be poor, you may go hungry, you may lose your car, you may have to move into a shabby place to live, but you will totally live. And at the end of your days you will bless your life because you have done what you came here to do.” – Elizabeth Kubler-Ross
- “Sometimes the worst thing happens to you, the thing you think you can’t survive… it’s the thing that makes you better than you used to be.” – Jennifer Weiner
- “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.”
- “Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.” – Michael Jordan
- “At times the world may seem an unfriendly and sinister place, but believe that there is much more good in it than bad. All you have to do is look hard enough, and what might seem to be a series of unfortunate events may in fact be the first steps of a journey.” – Lemony Snicket
- “You have to get hurt. That’s how you learn. The strongest people out there – the ones who laugh the hardest with a genuine smile, those are the people who have fought the toughest battles. Because they’ve decided they’re not going to let anything hold them down, they’re showing the world who’s the boss.” – Unknown
- “Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.”
- “Never let your head hang down. Never give up and sit down and grieve. Find another way. And don’t pray when it rains if you don’t pray when the sun shines.”
- “Follow your passion. Stay true to yourself. Never follow someone else’s path unless you’re in the woods and you’re lost and you see a path. By all means, you should follow that.” – Ellen DeGeneres